Sunday, February 21, 2010

One Year Later

I can not believe it has been one year since my last post. Funny how life's challenges can prevent you from doing so many things you approach with the best intentions. You should see my basement. When I started this blog I really hoped to post often and keep a different line of communication open with anyone willing to read it. I would have liked to do better. I am going to give it another go, so if anyone is still reading my blog, pass it on. We should be having some interesting conversations with the upcoming budget recommendations begining in March. First up is a consultant that will be giving the board a tutorial on outsourcing of services. He is being brought to the table at the behest of the superintendent and nothing at the board level has been discussed at this time. I do believe there are at least three board members that may support the administration if they choose to go in that direction. I am not one of them and it would take at least four board votes to enact any changes and the administration does not have them.

One other thing I would like to share is the fourth Monday of every month I will be at the senior center on five mile from 10am - 11am beginning February 22nd, as an elected official, to speak with anyone interested in asking questions or making comments on school district issues. State Senator Glen Anderson is there from 9-10 and I know some folks do show up to speak with him so it would be nice if at least one person will come and speak to me. This will be a good opportunity to learn information about LPS without the ever present filter. It will also give me a chance to address some of the rumors about me that I hear as I traverse the district. It is amazing how misinformation spreads and is very difficult to combat. Please contact me directly if you have any questions and ignore those that are bent on discrediting me.

No comments: