Sunday, February 28, 2010

Rumor Mill

I was contacted by a teacher in the district asking me about something they were told I said about a particular teacher. I appreciate the inquiry because I not only did not know the person they were referring to, but never said anything about anybody. This has been an ongoing problem for me as a board member. No matter what the issue, privatization, layoffs, or cuts in programs I am the bogey man. Perception overwhelms the truth. Never mind how I vote or what I say, it is easier to listen to the rumors. All I have ever asked is that people speak to me directly when they have a question.

1 comment:

Sheri said...

Steve, I've Known you at a parent level, education level, and personal level. I've listened to peoples "roamers" quite frankly I think they are just jealous. They don't have what you have. Charisma, out going, speaking your mind, going the distance for your kids and theirs. It makes me sick. It's some thing we would of seen in high school, or by the uneducated. Good Luck in all you do. It was good seeing you at the super bowl party... can't wait to see you play again. Sheri (Jamie's Friend)