Wednesday, October 10, 2007

False Security

After last nights meeting I received an e-mail from a parent about the security system and how it was presented to the board. I will post this letter, without the name, for all to read. I did not appreciate the fact that the packet I received on Thursday was the first opportunity to examine this, then asked to move this forward on Monday. This should have gone to a sub-committee meeting prior to the committee of the whole so it could have been closely examined. Obviously I want the school environment to be safe for our children, and I believe it is. Just as there is no correlation between money and student outcomes, the same holds true for security. Spending large sums of money does not guarantee any ones safety.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Detroit Public Schools are a perfect example of how spending more money does equate to safer schools and a better education for our children.