Monday, October 1, 2007

Tonights Meeting

There was a time in this district that it was not necessary to create hype for what was happening in our schools. The story was told through word of mouth by parents and students. I am troubled over the use of education dollars being spent on promotion not education. I asked Donna how much we kicked in towards the $8000.00 30 second spot that we viewed tonight promoting the City of Livonia and she said we put up $5000.00. I also asked where the money came from and she said she did not know. So I asked Randy and he said it came out of his budget. Apparently he has money in his budget for discretionary spending. I will follow up on this for clarification.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Steve-- If parents desire "customer satisfaction" with our schools, then we should begin to function like a business at time. I believe that we do need to be competitive and promote LPS. The olden days of word of mouth advertising is replaced with fast paced media. Businesses spend an enormous amount of money advertising. I believe the investment LPS makes in adverstisin with gives a ROI.
Thanks!